Happy New Years Bakers!
It’s 2019, a year of change for this baker! I started this blog in 2017 to document my journey with baking with the hope that one day I can open my own bakery. Well, I have to confess that I haven’t been that great at documenting my journey on a regular basis. I have been baking but if I’m truly serious about this journey, I need to look in the mirror and finally admit to myself that I… and only I am responsible for making it happen.
I do still hope to open a bakery one day and I admit that might not happen but I do love baking and need to make a serious change this year to incorporate baking into my life on a more regular basis. That starts TODAY!!!
So for 2019, I am stating my baking resolutions. A New Year…for a New Me…
- NO More excuses… bake at least 3 times a week. I’ve used the excuse of weight gain as a reason not to bake. I still don’t want the baking to enhance my waistline but I’m in control of if I eat it and there are plenty of ways to share the baked goods with my family, friends, etc.
- Continue to refine my techniques in different baking options
- Breads – this is a big category for me to learn. I’m excited to attempt bagels, focaccia, sourdough, etc.
- Cakes – I’ve been making cakes for as long as I can remember but I’ve become complacent with the same recipes. I’m going to extend my repertoire of cakes this year.
- Cookies – I’ve been thinking about Macarons for a while, I need to attempt these ASAP with different options for fillings.
- Chocolate and candies – I just started learning more chocolate, having made six types of truffles over Christmas to give as gifts. In 2019, expect more Chocolate and plan to master caramel, candy, etc.
- Desserts – this category is endless. I expect to make eclairs, mousse, tortes, napoleons, tarts and patisserie to name a few.
- Learn new and interesting techniques and tools. A Pressure Cooker was added to our household this year. I intend to make 3-5 desserts using the Instant Pot.
- Take a couple of baking classes!
- Continue to draw inspiration from my favorite baking shows – especially The Great British Baking Show. Much can be learned from the Brits and their baking!
- Document…Document… Document… Write blog posts documenting the baking journey.
- Last but not least… Continue to have fun! Baking has always been a great passion of mine, I vow to not lose sight of why I started this journey. I’m going to have fun baking!
I encourage you to take on something new this year and bake for the adventure.
Have a baking idea for me to attempt in 2019? Let me know.
Happy 2019! Here’s to a great year ahead!